Skip to main content

About DOC


Connect with DOC

Home >   About DOC >

Funding & Grants

Dartmouth students can get assistance for expeditions and research through Dartmouth Out-o’-Doors.

Wolfgang Schlitz Adventure Fund

The Schlitz Fund provides assistance for student members of the Dartmouth Outing Club to participate in outdoor adventures.

Davis G. Kirby ’32 Adventure Fund

The Kirby Fund provides assistance for student members of the Ledyard Canoe Club to participate in outdoor adventures.

Andrew W. Mellon Grant

The Mellon Grant provides funding for student-initiated undergraduate research in environmental and natural resource issues.

Northern Studies Internship Grants

The Northern Studies Internship Grants provide funding to support a hands-on, experiential learning opportunity for students with interests in a wide spectrum of northern forests and lands issues including: defined jobs in the Second College Grant, wildlife conservation and management, forestry, recreation, water resources, and other environmental and economic concerns.

Funds Disbursement

CnT, the DMC and Ledyard all have their own adventure funds for active members as well. On approval, each trip must be approved by the DOC expedition safety review, a subcommittee of the Risk Management Committee. Once that is completed, each participant must complete this form.

International Travel

All international trips, whether club-sponsored or through funding from Schlitz, DKAF or club adventure funds must adhere to these procedures:

*During planning, Investigate all State Department travel warnings and advisories. No college-sponsored trips shall travel to areas with State Department warnings.
*Notify Dick's House of plans for foreign travel as soon as possible, and seek required immunizations and travel consultations.
*All participants must register with The Dartmouth International Travel Registry
*Ensure that trip and participants have information about Dartmouth's ISOS resources

Last Updated: 1/18/17