CLOSED FOR THE 2017 Season!!!!
Starting March 20th we will be moving up to Robinson Hall for the Spring, Summer and Fall terms as we always doThe Dartmouth Cross Country Ski Center maintains over twenty-five kilometers of groomed cross country ski trails on Oak Hill and Garipay Field in Hanover, New Hampshire, as well as the ice on Occom Pond for ice skating. The Cross Country Ski Center has two facilities. One is based out of the DOC House on Occom Pond, which provides equipment rentals for skiing, skating, and other winter activities, as well as group and private instruction. The other facility is at Oak Hill, located in the north-east corner of Hanover. To get there, go north on Route 10 past the Golf Course, turn right at the Co-op Market, then take a sharp left after the road turns to dirt — park in the first lot on the right.
Download a trail map (PDF, 2.1 MB).
Passes required! Download a season trail pass application (Word, 22KB), or stop by the basement of Robinson Hall, or buy a day pass at DXC on Occom Pond or at Oak Hill for $14, half day for $8 after 2 PM.
For downhill/alpine skiing and snowboarding, visit the Dartmouth Skiway.
|XC Ski Package||Full|
|Children up to 12||$9||$55|
|Snowshoes or Ice Skates||Day||Week|
|Children up to 12||$7||$30|
Hours may depend on snow conditions so please call ahead: (603) 643-6534 (DOC House) Opens the week of Christmas or 603-643-7426 (Oak Hill) email email@example.com
Waxes and ski accessories, wax recommendations, skate sharpening, weather and trail reports, and free trail maps.
|Season Trail Pass||Before|
|Dartmouth Employee/Ski Club/ Seniors||$115||$140|
|Seniors (Garripay Only)||$70|
|Day Trail Pass|
Junior (6-12), Seniors (Garripay only)
$14 before 2 PM
$8 after 2 PM
Seniors are 68 years and older.
Reciprocity for Season Trail Pass Holders
Showing your DXC Season Trail Pass gets you one day of skiing at each area for the 16-17 season. At these ski areas, you should check in with staff working at the ski area and get an appropriate ticket.
Nordic Center Restrictions
Craftsbury Out door center Oak Hill must be open
Dexter Norsk none
Kingdom Trails none
Quechee Club Nordic Onley
Bolton Valley None
Stowe Touring center Not valid on saturdays
Woodstock Inn Nordic none
With this group there is discount with proof of display of pass
Ski area Discount/Deal Restrictions
Waterville Valley Nordic 50% off during mid-week day pass
$5 off weekend Black Out Days
1/16/17 thru 1/18/17
2/13/17 thru 2/20/17
Gunstock $5 pass none
Jackson XC $5 off day pass rate none
Great Glen %50 off day passing none
Wolfeboro Cross Country Center $5 pass none
King Pine $5 off day pass rate none
Bretton Woods $5 off day pass rate Black Out Days
Mt. Washington Valley Ski Touring %50 off any day pass None
Dartmouth offers $5 off the daily rate to participating ski areas in Group B
1. Downhill skiers have right of way
2. Ski on the right and pass on the left
3. Adjust your speed to the conditions
4. When overtaking announce your
presence by stating “on your left”
5. Assist any injured person in need of
6. Respect the Classic tracks – do not
skate or snowshoe across them
7. No walking on ski trails
8. When stopped move to the side of trail
9. Do not walk dogs on any part of the ski
Oak Hill Fat Bike policy (No Bikes on Garipay Field)
Fat Bikes are allowed on a trial basis
1) All fat bikes must have a trail pass.
2) No biking on soft snow (if you leave a rut 1 inch or deeper, having hard time riding in a straight line or need to push you bike, it is too soft)(if you experience this get off the trail system and notify the staff the the trails should not be open to fat biking in current conditions)
3) Tires must be wider than 3.5″ and tire pressure must be less than 10 psi.
4) Bikes yield to all other users. Cross-country Skiers don't have brakes, so bikes are responsible for staying out of their way. Watch skiers' poles. They can be fragile and expensive.
5) Dartmouth XC staff "will monitor conditions and usage and restrict fat bike use when appropriate
6) The use of Fat Bikes on the trail system is best during off peak trail usage. Please avoid Tuesday and Thursday afternoons 3 - 5pm.
7) Please check in at the Oak Hill Center for Fat Biking conditions or our website for same
XC Ski Lessons
Clinics CALL OAK HILL TOURING CENTER 603-643-7426 to reserve a spot!!!!
Every Saturday a classical ski group class is offered in the morning, 9:30 - 11:00; a skate group lesson is offered in the afternoon, 1:30 - 3:00. On Sunday, skate clinics in the morning; classic clinics in the afternoon; conditions permitting. Several levels, no experience necessary. $25/person, does not include rental or trail pass. Call (603) 643-7426 to reserve space.
By appointment, $40 per hour, $50 with rental. Trail pass not included.
Available for rent: mountain snowshoes, backcountry ski packages, lanterns, mountaineering boots, clothing (mittens, jackets, etc.), tents, stoves, sleeping bags, and more!
For information on telemark skiing lessons/clinics, winter mountaineering, and other winter programs, contact the Outdoor Programs Office at (603) 646-2428.
Bring the whole family for cross country skiing, skating and sledding. • Skates, snowshoes, and skis are available for rent. Skates sharpened while you wait.
Perfect Weekend Activities! • With an open fire to keep warm and great fun for everyone, the Cross Country Ski Center is the perfect place for families or groups of friends to come spend their Saturdays. We offer a social atmosphere and friendly staff.
Sections of Golf Course off-limits • Please stay off roped areas of the golf course!
Groomed Trails Off-limits to Dogs • Please remember, no dogs are allowed on or near groomed trails. Please keep your dogs twenty-five feet away from all groomed ski trails.
Last Updated: 3/27/17